Otumoetai College provides a quality, broad-based education that encourages high achievement, respects all cultures and leads all students to experience personal and academic success:
The values encouraged by our College are:
- Belonging & Connecting
- Growing Strong Relationships
- Life Long, Life Wide Learning
- Promoting High Expectations
- Serving our Community
Tü pakaritia te Ao Hurihuri
Manaaki – Awhinatia kia pakari ai ngä hua whaipainga
Hauhaketia ngä Paetata
Rapua, whaia hoki ngä Pae tawhiti ö Te Mätauranga
Summary of Core Values
These core values are the foundation for the policies and procedures of Otumoetai College
- Belonging and Connecting – a responsive learning environment that acknowledges the potential and diversity of all and is committed to ensuring all members feel they belong and are valued.
- Growing Strong Relationships – the importance of productive and trusting learning relationships are seen as paramount in strengthening learner engagement, presence and achievement.
- Life long, life wide learning – all learners have the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and attributes that will equip them to be learners for life and successfully contribute and successfully respond to a changing global world.
- Promoting high expectations- create a climate and culture where there is shared responsibility to articulate and model high achievable expectations for all learners.
- Serving our community – commitment to contributing to the community through a range of initiatives both student and staff led. These initiatives strengthen partnerships, utilise the diverse expertise available, build a strong sense of altruism and are responsive to unique needs of the wider community.